1) PARTIAL LOSS OEM BENEFIT (New Vehicles Only)
We only cover specified new OEM Parts at the OEM Retail Price for New Vehicles under this Partial Loss Benefit.
- What if my New Vehicle is in an accident but is not a Total Loss?
- Determination of the Partial Loss Benefit for New Vehicles
For Partial Loss we will pay the difference between:
- a) The OEM Retail Price of using OEM Parts, if available; and
- b) The amount allotted by your Primary Auto Insurer, as outlined on their estimate to repair Your Vehicle using parts that are not OEM Parts. This is subject to the Limitations and Conditions.
- a) The amount we pay in any 12-month period is limited based on the maximum benefit for Partial Loss. The 12 month periods are measured from the Effective Date to each annual anniversary of the Effective Date, or if earlier, to the Partial Loss Benefit Expiry Date. We do not pay for any Partial Loss that occurs prior to the Effective Date.
- b) We do not cover all OEM Parts. We only cover specific ones that are exterior body parts, panels, glass (windshields/sun roofs are only covered if your Primary Auto Insurer covers them), suspension parts, rims, mags, axles, radiators and air conditioning condensers.
- What is the maximum Benefit Limit for Partial Loss?
The maximum amount we will pay for Partial Loss in any 12-month period is:
- a) $1,000 for labour charges, and
- b) $10,000 for parts charges
and you shall have up to 60 months of price protection from the Effective Date of your OPTIOM PRIME Policy for Your Vehicle.
- Are there any conditions of the Partial Loss Benefit?
We will only make a Partial Loss payment if your Primary Auto Insurer pays your claim under your Primary Auto Insurance provided that:
- a) Your Primary Auto Insurer is not required under your Primary Auto Insurance to use OEM Parts; and
- b) Your Primary Auto Insurer has made a written offer to repair Your Vehicle using parts that are not OEM Parts.
Important: We do not pay for windshields/sun roofs unless you have coverage for these items from your Primary Auto Insurer.
- c) You must immediately report any collision, fire, theft, vandalism or other event, to local law enforcement where a report to the police is required by law and practice in the jurisdiction where the loss transpires. It is a condition that you do this. We do not pay under this benefit if you do not report as required.
- To whom is the Partial Loss Benefit paid?
We will pay the Partial Loss Benefit directly to the repair shop that is to conduct the repairs to Your Vehicle, or if you have already paid for the repairs, we will reimburse you provided the repairs have been authorized by us.